Monday, February 9, 2009

True Friend? "If you jump, I will jump too."


Through life you may run into some tribulations including; many good times and bad, many smiles and many frowns. However; whenever you feel as if life is not going the way that you planned or want it to, all you need to do is turn around and look your closest friend in the eyes. And you will automatically know everything will be okay.
Currently I am going through a rough patch in life, and it doesn't seem to be improving rather falling more into a neverending hole. Throughout this whole situation I have had the most ahh-mazing friends by my side. Full of encouraging words, smiles or just a hug whenever I needed it.


When individuals go through certain stages in their lives, some tend to lose touch with people from their past. Whether that is intentional or just circumstancial differs, but I have seen far to many times where people lose touch with the true friends in their lives that have always been there. This is quite unfortunate considering those are the people you should want to surround yourself with considering that is who you grew up with and who made you become who you are today.

I have always been an individual whom never spoke outloud about her problems, her thoughts, her feelings, or her deepest darkest secrets. However; if there was ever anything wrong my "true" friends would always know that something was up. And even if I did not want to talk about it they would find some way to make me smile and laugh. Whether it was have a random flour fight, doing a crazy dance, staring me down until I couldnt help but laugh, or when all else failed the infamous joke between all of us. That being when everyone, mostly the boys yelling "BRIAN!!" to mock one of our best friends mothers. (Hard to get I know, but if you knew the story behind it, all of you would totally be on the ground laughing right now!...believe me you would ;) ).

So what is a true friend you ask? Well to me, a true friend is many things. First and foremost a true friend is someone who will always be by your side no matter what the situation or circumstance is. A friend is someone who will always be honest, trustworthy, kind, caring, fun to be around, they will always lend an ear when needed and even when its not needed, and they will always know what to say at any particular second. A true friend is someone you can completely be yourself around. Someone you could never feel awkward around, someone you can share your deepest thoughts with, someone who won't judge you, and someone who is so intertwined with you that you finish each others sentences. Or you even are thinking the same thing at the same moment and one person finally says it outloud and you are like "Holy CraP!" A true friend is someone you can stay up all night doing nothing, talking about nothing significant, and non stop laughing with. Hey, here is a PERFECT example of a true friend. Do you remmember that annoying question your parents used to ask you when you were younger. The one that started out , "If they jumped off a bridge , would you?!" and you would always get so mad after hearing that. Welll... A true friend is someone who would be like "YES, I would totally jump off it! " ...lol and then they'd be like "She was wearing my favorite shirt!...haha jkjkjkjk!!!"

Mostly A true friend is one who is there to support you. A true friend is someone who can be the Sonny to your Cher, the Alvin to your chipmunks or the third person to your musketeers or stooges.

P dot S. I have to throw this in here right now. I totally love how I went on to Wikipedia just out of curiosity to see what they had was a friend. And some of the first things they have listed are Imaginary friend and friend with benefits. Hystericall.

So yea, don't doubt those who have always been there for you, don't take them for granted, and don't forget who has always been there. True friends are rare so hold on to the ones you have. And just have FUN with them:) For instance; me and my friends like to have idiotic moments. And by idiotic moments, I mean the most ahh-mazing, incredibly crazy, monumental, unforgettable times. Such as; Car Surfing (chyea we did!), Roof jumping (which happens to be illegal..had no idea..lol) , Flour fights, hours of running just to talk (and by running I mean walking..haha) , going out on a boat and running out of gas and being stranded in the middle of the lake. , cliff jumping, rope swinging into forbidden waters, dance parties, photoshoots, twister & catchphrase, endless dinners out, playing on playgrounds when over age..lol, train dodging and so many more things...
(P dot S...I love you guys...and you know who you are!)
Cheers to friends:):)
xoxo
Perfectly Imperfect
The end.

1 comment:

  1. i wish there was something less cliche for me to put here but there's not. fail. so here it goes:

    i love you.

    xoxo
    perfectly imperfect.

    ReplyDelete