Friday, February 6, 2009

What is Perfectly Imperfect?...

Well first of all, I am entering into the "blog world" in order to share my knowledge of life experiences with you guys. Hopefully you guys will be able to relate and you wont be feel so alone when going through the same experiences. Overall this blog is a way for me to share my thoughts, emotions, poems, songs, and to just write freely. The first thing I want to talk about is the name of my blog. "Perfectly Imperfect."

The first time this phrase was said, it was brought up in a conversation between me and one of my best friends. Totally new, never been said before by anyone else, we both thought that it was an inevitable, unique, and free way to express how we both felt about certain things in our lives. No matter what we tried to compare it to and relate it to, it fit.

See, both me and my best friend, Kayla, love to write. Whether we are writing a song, a poem, or a chapter for our book, it is where we feel the most free. Ultimately we are able to escape, release all of our emotions, and just enter into a complete state of vulnerability. And we are okay with that state. In most circumstances vulnerability is seen as something most people do not want to experience or end up in. However; writing is a significant part of my life. It allows me to be who I want to be. It also allows me to say what I feel and not hold back at all. There are no stares, there are no whispers, and their is no judging. (I mean the paper and pen are not going to judge me. )

When the phrase "Perfectly Imperfect" was brought up we were discussing how there is little opportunity for anything to be perfect in life. Furthermore; our conclusion was that perfection was actually unattainable. The image most people have of life is based around the possibility for perfection. You have the typical perfectionist (Which I can say I encompass some of those qualities at times.), or the person ultimately striving for perfection in their relationships, friendships and families, or just in their life in general. In reality none of which can be attained. Every relationship suffers some imperfection, and every family has their quarks. (Some more than others...) But that is what makes life interesting. In order to be prosperous in life we must make mistakes. And with mistakes comes imperfection. Moreover; we, as humans, take those mistakes and turn them into a lesson learned. Imperfection helps us grow and develop into the people we are supposed to become and want to become. There is nothing wrong with taking a step back in life, because (I believe) after taking that one step back, we take three steps forward.

Nevertheless; Perfectly Imperfect refers to the little things in life that stand out, and make life worth living. However; these things are the non-perfect things in life.
For instance; one of the best examples that I can relate it to is heart break. As much of a tribulation that it causes, I would rather (and have) have my heartbroken multiple times than never to feel love at all. Overall, the little imperfect moments in life make it worthwhile.

So as all of you strive to perfect your life, remember that nothing and noone is perfect. And even if they were, perfection is boring. Someones faults are anothers pros, and without the imperfection in ones life, life wouldn't be spontaneous, adventurous, or even worthwhile.

xoxo.
Perfectly Imperfect.
The end.

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome. It really got me thinking and your right about perfection! Oh and your a really good writer by the way =] -janet

    ReplyDelete